Saturday 8 November 2008

I love days like to today because...

1) Something that you thought was going to turn out badly doesn't.
I have been trying for ages to meet up with various people and for one thing and another I was put off. I know I can be annoying in trying to organise these things.... possibly akin to a bloodhound with a scent up his nostril but there we are. Since finishing uni I still want to have a social life. I have realised that boyfriends do get put first, and maybe one day I will be exactly the same. I have realised that people will always be who they are and be flighty. That people do have things to do and it is hard to sort out a meeting time when work sometimes 6 days a week, rarely have a weekend off and can't drive. HOWEVER- going back to what I said- why I love today is- I am actually vacating my house in a social excursion whoop whoop!!

2) That I have two more working days before two days off!
This is better than a weekend sometimes because I can go into town and it is never as crowded as it is on a weekend! And it is, ok, one day working otuside in imminently cold weather and possibly rain but it is not a bad job. But I have another driving lesson booked for Wednesday morning and I am going to see High School Musical 3 (oh yes, have succumbed to the joys and cheesiness of HSM!!) with my brother, who it has to be said was possibly more depressed about being dumped by his girlfriend and now not having anyone to go and see HSM with. She was a really nice lass, but then men will never know what a good is when they have them.

3) I larked around today at work.
I do not take my work so seriously these days. I do a good job, but I have a sense of humour too. Something that is hard to maintain with some of the visitors we have. They can be rude, smelly, daft, stupid and often pretend you are invisible. The majority it has to be said are the complete reverse. So after a serious memo floating around work about distracting the coppers on the gate, which I thought I was possibly solely responsible for (I wasn't- the memo was a couple of days before the day of my duty on that post!) I was down and also a very rude old bag came through, anyways.... I am deviating... after a rough start it turned out alright. I had a lark around and a gossip with my work mates. Good day in total.

4) There are the beginnings of more reunions at university, a big one and a small one.
Woooo yay. I get to see people like the history gals and then some of the old crew I used to go out with. It is nice to know I have not been quite forgotten yet... and obviously I am not too much like a bloodhound then...

5) I have Mexican for dinner.
I love spicy food, and to be fair I do like staying in. Strictly Come Dancing is on, I sit down probably with a glass of Lambrini for it is a Saturday night after all and watch the dancing... then have some dinner and then chill out with the rents whilst my brother goes out. It is weird how things work out. My brother and I seem to have reversed roles!

So, yeah, a random Saturday in the life of a warden... in summary- friends, work, food and Strictly come dancing!! *jokes* I definitely feel much better after my purge yesterday on here! It is amazing what a bit of a rant and revealing some dee thoughts will do!! Wooo hooo...

7 comments:

? said...

You will be the warden. Just need to fit it all in. Soon.

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

Thanks RE!

psyconym said...

I am an ex Englih and History Student, just kicked out of Uni as well. Cool blog! Come visit if you can be bothered to read my rambles in return.

PS History rocks!

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

Why hello psyconym- welcome. History does indeed rock! :)

Old Fogey said...

NSS - what's impressive here is that you write like you think, as if there is nothing between you and your thought. I wish I could do that.
OF

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

Thank you OF!! I always think it is an annoying trait and I always go off the point... but still I write down what I want to exactly when I think it. Then just correct typos and then click on "publish blog" and 'et voila' one blog!! thank you though!

? said...

Here is a message sent to all the directors of Red Eyes2.

Dear director,
I am about to link you somehow into the story...nothing negative....this story will continue to unfold as long as you desire:
I think its more proper for you to choose who you would like to be rather than me forcing a label on you and also let me know what your limits are i.e. what you wouldn't like etc
The following characters have been taken:
1. michelle obama's niece
2. Michelle’s personal assistant
3. The psychologist
4. the light
5. the musician
6. the jazz pianist
7. the musician from argentinia
8. the mermaid
9. the jelly fish
10. jumpy the little frog
11. thom of the red rabbits
12. the biochemist
13. girl without shoes
14. the poet
15. former art school girl
16. rebecca the priestess
17. the german actress
18. the safety comissioner
19. the unnamed artist
20. the flying cat
21. barack obama

I need to rename the blogs under the title directors blogs..

Please let me know who you would like to be?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes