Tuesday 7 April 2009

Five Updates

1) I have decided not to apply for Newcastle Uni funding thing for studying a MA in the History of Medicine. It is too far away, I have neevr even been there and I think I was doing it for the free scholarship rather than actually wanting to go there/study that, so I think some other deserving fellow can have the spot.

2) I STILL have not accepted Royal holloways unconditional offer :( in a dilemma you see- they have postponed, for some reason, the fundign deadline till 29th june which puts back when we find otu about whether we are funded till it is essentially too late to accept a place there, so essentially we have to accept it with or without knowing our funding application was a success or not. *anger* So in summary, I am still dithering. Should I put it off another year? Do it part time? I havethe money now to pay for one year of a part time Masters course, but the funding will still be an issue next year when I still can't afford to pay for the second half....

3) I PASSED MY THEORY TEST TODAY. Enough said.

4) I have been feeling really rather ill lately but I am getting better- just a little sniffle and a cough now, so I have been proactive today. So apart from passing my Driving theory test, I have hoovered, bought my nan a birthday card, intend to sort out a huge pile of filing (bank statements, pensions information (yes, I have a pension at 21), and toher bits and pieces that have been building up on my desk for quite a while... so yay! Proactivity!!

5) I have learnt how to sell tickets at work, though I am awful and tend to lose in the region of £5-£10, I do make a profit (I think) with gift aid and books so yay! However, cashing up = nightmare :(

Right, thats a summary for you...

BTW, can't believe I missed my Blog's first birthday.... twas at the beginning of March, so Happy Belated Birthday, Blog!

2 comments:

Old Fogey said...

NSSM - Well done for passing the theory test.
Can you not accept the Holloway offer, conditional on the funding being available? And back out if the funding doesn't materialise. I'm sure others will be thinking along the same lines. Holloway will not expect you and others to act unreasonably.
Happy birthday blog!
OF

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

I am awaiting an email from the university to ask whether I can do this! Thanks for your support :)