Monday 2 March 2009

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock...

Half an hour to the deadline for Royal Holloway Masters Funding Applications have to be in... and one reference is "In Progress" but not submitted. RHUL admin haven't replied to query whether I can submit this thing online without one of my referees and whether this referee can upload her form later... sigh, its gonna be a tight one!

I hate having things done last minute... my heart is genuinely up in my mouth... I havent actually managed to eat anything today which is unusual to say the least, usually because I am always eating something! I never ever like to leave things to this last minute!! I don't know how people stand the pressure.... then again I just remind myself that if it all goes belly up, I probably wouldn't have got the funding anyway... some consolation? Meh...

Argh.... the stress and all the clock is doing is tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck mate! RHUL admin are lolmeisters, they kept sending important emails to my Essex account after it expired...I almost missed induction day as a result! My PG admin lady is lovely though, so I reckon you'll be sound x

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

yeah, my history PG admin lass is very helpful, but it is always slightly delayed her responses. Sigh, it is in now and I am havign a cuppa and trying to get by heart rate back to normal. My driving instructor was like "never drive when u r so preoccupied" as a result of my stalling three times in a row in a middle of a roundabout! haha! beats my second lesson superbly!! never mind... a cuppa tea and the end of my book will relax me!

How did your essay deadline issues get resolved? is ur lecturer still a little grumpy?

Old Fogey said...

Good luck with the application. The proposed study sounds very interesting - and should lead you down some of the rather darker corridors of intellectual history. It would be interesting also to look at any parallels between some of the attitudes you discover among historical eugenicists and some of the more recent 'social engineering' philosophies among the liberal-left.
Best wishes
OF

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

thanks OF! I certainly hope it will lead me to some great research ideas! Thanks for your support as always :)