Wednesday 21 October 2009

Meet Harry The Ragdoll

This is Harry Potter... obviously not the real one, but my little Ragdoll. Embarrassingly enough he has been with me since I was 13. He was given to me on my 13th birthday,the summer before my parents split up, by my dad. I still have my two Harry Potter mugs and Quidditch night lamp used for reading late at night (which I did a lot- my mam wasn't too impressed at my dad buying that but I was!! I need a miniture lightbulb though... like those ones you used to get for doing physics experiments with at scholl when making circuits etc). As you can see I have been a Harry Potter fan for a loooong time *sadly*. But dear lil Harry has been with throughout those horrible years as a teenager, he has absorbed many tears, he has travelled with me to university and back witnessing all the messy hangovers and tantrums there, and many an adventure besides.
Isn't he beautiful?
He still kips somewhere in my bed though he often disappears down the side, back or under a pillow for reasons I haven't yet fathomed. He has been a great comfort and gets hugged a lot whilst chewing things over in mind like whether to give up this Masters shiz or to do this or that. Subsequently he gets very grubby through his well loved owner.
Today I gave him a wash.
A la machine de wash.

This is him coming out after being washed. I think I was rather sick in the head on constructing this thing... I trussed him up like a man being buried at sea (see here) and popped him in the wash. He is now sitting on the kitchen radiator where the above photos were being taken, to dry out whilst I cook Chilli Con Carne for tea :) YUM!


Maybe I need to see a shrink?
Nah, for now Harry will be the ear I can bend!!

2 comments:

Colette said...

Awww! I hope he doesnt smell like Chilli con Carne now though!! :) x

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

nope he smells like washing powder thankfully!! the kitchen is quite big so he sits at one end on rad whilst cooker is at the other!! :) don't laff at me lol