Tuesday 12 August 2008

WHAT I A COMING TO REALISE

As previously mentioned in other blogs, it is a weird time of life for me. However, in that time, a few things have occured to me in the arrangements made for my somewhat forced-upon-me birthday party. (A Forced Birthday Party makes me seem harsh or those bestowing it upon me seem harsh, but either way I think I am grateful for it in brushing my path clear of clutter I was unsure of, namely in the way of friends.) Now I do not mean this in the meanest way, nor do I think those that will turn up are my keenest friends, but rather those who like to have a good time, hopefully in fact like my company and indeed want to catch up with fellow folk from uni and school alike, will come.
In some respects I am disappointed in those who will not come, namely my Nan and Grandad but nothing new there and my dad more than makes up for their absence in a calming, demonstrative manner that seems to sooth and relax me. He is a diamond in the rough if ever there was one! My mother in other ways makes up for twenty other people in temrs of vibrancy and volume, but never would I be without her supportive and exuburant nature; always one for the party in life no matter what the cards may deal in life! In others, friends who simply can't make it, and because I am one never to hold a grudge purely because I generally can't due to a lack of a good short term memory- I am sorry, you will miss out on what I hope will be a good night, but I truly hope it won't be the end of the path for us!

So to conclude on what will probably be an empty blog, that none for those who it was directed at shall read, I adjourn with hope that life holds suprises, and in that which it doesn't, the best of my love for those around me. It is a far out cry from the bullying days of school and God! How I have grown! Only that it had been five years ago! But for now to the future and the nearing celebrations on my 21st birthday: CHEERS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll be there with a bottle of rosé and metaphorical bells on.

or perhaps real life ones if you're lucky!

Old Fogey said...

NSS - it's always the case, isn't it that the people you really want to come, can't make it, and those you would prefer to have made an excuse, turn up. Try to look upon it as one of those necessary social events where, you never know, someone you don't like might make a complete ass of themselves - and make it all worthwhile. And remember the immortal words of Al Read - "Eeeh, the things that were said at our Edie's wedding!"

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

thanks folks- hope u did have a good time in the end. I did despite my grumbles!! XX