Wednesday 4 November 2009

OMG! It's November!

When did this happen?

Humph. Who knows? It may have possibly started back on the first of November?? Hmmmm... I have lost all sense of days... I divide my week not by weekend/weekday but by work day/uni day/library day... it is a never ending circle of days, or irritatingly "cyclical" as one of the really and I mean REALLY smart boys (emphasis on the word boys here by the way) keeps repeating...

"History is so cyclical... the philosophy of history and the history of philosophy being one and the same thing according to Hegel has a cyclical element..." Someone for Christ sake buy him a Thesaurus... in fact I will and place it in his pigeon hole!!

BTW before I get back to the point of my blog- when I say one of the boys- I mean so much for mature men on Masters courses!? They are all in the gang dominated by Cyclical Guy, who are all still proclaiming the wonders of Marxism (which by the way FAILED) and they seem to be much the same as boys in first year. Go figure huh? Needless to say, that is another added annoyance of the university course.

However, on a finally positive note- the girls have been great and Tom too (who I shall put in the girl category). Went to lunch with them today and yesterday and everything seems hunky dory :) Yay! It is nice to have a mutual rant of a historical and course based nature without people thinking I am a moaning ninny!

And tomorrow I am meeting them at the Wellcome Library for history of breasts, cross dressing and mental deficiency= jokes!! - what a weird and wonderful bunch we are!! haha!!

PLUS I am seeing This Is It tomorrow- I am soooooo excited and I hope its good!

So yes November... Halloween was a wash out cos I got so drunk Thursday night I was still recovering on the Saturday and had to work both Sat and Sun so was probs not a great idea to go out and give the kidneys and liver another bashing!! But I dressed up as a witch again (it may be cliched but I love it with my tarot cards and runes and all!!) I tried scaring children at the door too but failed. Plus there was a definite lack of Trick or Treaters this year due to Upton Court Park firework display!! Grrrr... that should have been tomorrow!!
This is Mum, RJ and Dad wearing my very cool witch's hat!! With a glass of wine or two :)
I am going to no firework displays (again!) but I am indeed as I said going to the cinema to see This Is It which by far makes up for it!

So all in all, good summary of life up to now...

So I shall blog some interesting stuff when I can be arsed :) No offence intended! lol and I suppose I ought to get on reading about Crime in the 1930s for "Public Decency Private Morals" Course and also the effect of the shift of the one-sex model to the two-sex model had on views of cross dressing of both men and women in early modern England and France :)

One Cross-Dressing lady as a man... ok, ok, it's from Shakespeare in Love! Don't hate me for it, you know you love it!
Have a good evening one and all XX

No comments: