Friday 6 November 2009

This Is It!


Ok, as I said in my previous blog, I went and saw this last night in Leceister Square (very swish- a far cry from the cinema of Slough with seats missing, rips in the screen, playing forty minutes of the wrong film before anyone could be found who knew how to change the reel, and so on.)

I have to say I was really impressed. The show would have been amazing, although I am unsure whether MJ could have done all 50 tours he set out to do... it is far to much for anyone! He sung and danced amazingly, the set design was fab with aerialists on chandeliers and demo trucks and cherry-pickers, some funky dancers, great guitarists, fab dance moves, 3D effects, pyrotechnics and VTs- it would have been breathtaking. And there was very few of the cheesy annotations or people saying how wonderful Mj was. I know he was. Don't ram it down my throat guys, ok?

In some ways I wonder if MJ had lost a little bit. Creative genius aside there were a few instances where I was wondering what he was going on about "simmering" and "nourishment" and "it's about love, L-O-V-E".

On the train back home, I listened to those songs again on my Mp3 player- I loved the Earth Song and Smooth Criminal (they had an old movie and put Mj in it- very classy)- and I listened to those songs again and just thought what a waste of a life eh?

Still, from my first tape (being Michael Jackson Thriller) to MP3- Mj has lived through an era of great change. What a great show...

All in all I think I shall be buying the DVD when it is released. I wanna get on done with some of those moves, baby!!

No comments: