Monday 26 January 2009

A tear in my skirt


Now it may seem daft to begin this blog with a tear in my skirt, but the day really did just sprial downwards from there. Despite the moments of nearly touching contentment, I never fully reached it today and that is odd for work. Because never mind how slow the day goes by with fewer and fewer visitors, it is vary odd that you should have a bad day at work. And it did all start with a tear in my skirt.

I have put on considerable amount of weight from my skinnier days of my first year of uni! Please if only I was a size 8/10 again!! And that really isn't that small, but definitely smaller than how I am currently existing. It is not like I am an uber drama queen, only an amateur one for a few seconds while I blog away my troubles before my dancing lessons tonight.

Ok, so I put on my skirt this morning in a rush because I spent far too long making mini stuffing balls to go in my salad for work and on bending over to heave my huge bag and I mean a HUGE bag onto my shoulder and almighty wrenching rip sounded. Shit. Ok, well this skirt is my no means first hand, and probably not even second hand and it has torn before but not round my bum! haha so I speedily checked to make sure it was decent-ish before I ran out- it was, the lining was covering my pants and my coat was long enough to cover it and so I dashed to work, slightly late!

Then there was the usual comments about the size of my salad which is in an enormous tub for granted but to be fair, about 70% of the salad is water! (apart from the chicken and mini stuffing balls I was talkign about ealrier!) I was mortified with the earlier skirt related incident and general "meh-ness" about my weight.

Then on a conversation with another colleague the discussion of why pretty people go out with uglier people, something I wise I hadn't have pondered on. Now in this analogy we (my colleague and I) were the ugly ones... great! but I was told to be up beat because the pretty ones will go out with us to make them look even better! Well, it sure made me glad! Pfft! There is hope for us all apparently.

Then following this incident on being offered a pasty by a real nice bloke who knows I love my food commenced a series of joks etc about my affore mentioned salad and how I didn't need a pasty- but said in a way that made me think it was slightly nastier than just a referral to my salad. So humph.

Now I have a medical tomorrow at work, which involve weighing and stuff and doctors telling me I am overweight. I guess though I can be glad that unlike many third world countries' children, I can eat an overabundance and be overweight, unlike them who starve. And also on a lighter note, I have dance which will hopefully help shed some black clouds above my head! And as my dad said, there is nothing I can really do now about losing weight for tomorrow. And I suppsoe if I want to lose weight it ought to be for me.

So the love/hate... mainly hate relationship with food continues... *with a Catholic guilty induced moment of thinking that perhaps an extra wo roast potatoes for Sunday dinner yesterday might not have been a great idea in light of today* :D

3 comments:

Colette said...

Awww, Chin up Love!
I am very impressed with your commitment to salad, I had macdonalds and about 10 rocky bars today hahaha. Diet starts tomorrow?
I think i can guess who the pasty warden was? I highly doubt he meant it in a mean way if its the one I'm thinking of!
Lots of Love
Colette xxxx

Colette said...

p.s Those skirts always tear and you know it!

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

Yeah, PastyMan wasn't the mean one :) he is far too nice for that :OD
Teehee rocky bars still exist? they're amazing!! I fancy one right now... yeah the commitment to salad is still surviving but alas christmas chocolates are still hanging around the house and Cava fizzy wine too for the weekends :P heehee doh healthy eating my eye! I lied about how many alcohol units I consume in my medical today *whoops*
yeah the skirts are naff arent they?