Friday 28 August 2009

BIRTHDAY FUN

Meet Teana the Teapot. Isn't she beautiful?

I have always said that I am an 80 year old in a 22 year old's body! This is my first ever teapot and I am very excited about my tea lurvin'!

I also received "Woof", a mini teapot and cup all-in-one job! I used it in bed this morning whilst watching Slumdog Millionaire that I got for my birthday also.

When I got home Monday night after V Festival I could finally get to open all my cards and presents! It was really hard not actually getting anything on your birthday but I coped. Just about! I opened the Amazon box that I had and gave the books I ordered to Rob, my brother, who proceeded to give me the money and then the books back (symbolic present giving!!lol) I got The Kite Runner, The Bookseller of Kabul (there is a theme running there), The Time Traveller's Wife (which I am reading at the moment) and Windsor Castle by Olwen Hedley which I need to use to swot up for work and my assessment at work so I can tour guide (this a long story and owed to another blog! Emotional trauma isn't in it!!)

I also got in addition to Slumdog Millionaire the DVD, The Young Victoria- I watched it last night with my mam and it made me go all squee and believe in love again... gawd I love historical romances... I feel a film post coming up on this film! And I also was given Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- from where my blog's name really comes from. My copy has gone all grrr and doesn't work anymore- I was devastated!

My mam (I know it was my mam because my dad doesn't do gal's clothes!) gave me a wicked new outfit, cardigan and a cobalt blue V-neck top (which I tend to suit (yay big(ish) boobs!).

I also got some money to spend when I go into London with my mam on 12th Sept to see the musical Oliver! in the West End (this was my present to her for her 50th!)

Now... my friends... My friends from uni who I have only known for three years got me down to a tee. (Now this isn't about whether I got presents or not...) Hatty gave me a book of poetry, a bottle of wine, the prettiest shell bracelet ever and a Piglet car smelly thing. This is SOOOO me! I spend half my blog posting away about poetry and my wine drinking prowess which she has seen in action. I have also adopted a bit of a thing for buying air smelly things for my car- the latest one is a monkey smelling like bananas. I keep buying them everytime I see them. I am sure this is a new car owning thing but Hatty obviously got my obsession there!

SJ gave me a book token (again duh! how me!) Plus I always feel guilty about buying books when I should buy petrol or more sensible items or even save *gasps*. Plus this pair of earrings soooo me and dark and gothic :) She said it was a cop out present because she had to send it and had to buy practical things, but to me it just shows she knows me.

My two best friends both forgot it was my birthday and failed to text me or contact me in any way. Now I forgot SJ's birthday but I text her and then visited her to make up for it. It was at the time when I was dealing with work experience/unpaid leave issues as well as my Master's funding application was going through. She understood. Thankfully.

One of my-best-friends-who-forgot text me four days late with just "sorry I forgot, happy birthday!" Not even what did you do or did you have a good day! The other has since text me and we are meeting up tonight but no acknowledgement... I guess we drift apart and it is a silly thing to be all grrr about but I just thought as my supposed good friends they would take a bit more of an interest in my life. :(

I will get over it though I am sure in the end! I can't hold grudges- I have a memory of a sieve/goldfish/amnesiac etc!!

Other than that I had a wicked birthday! Thanks everyone (for a great weekend, a great post-birthday curry with the rents and post-post-birthday drink and dinner with workies :P Love ya Paddy ;>)

No comments: