Saturday 1 August 2009

So it is August eh?

Where has time gone????? It is now August!! That means it is 1 month and twenty days till I start my Master of Arts degree in History, 22 days to my birthday, 21 days to V Music Festival...

They seem to have been deadlines way ahead in the future and actually it isn't. Startling stuff huh?

Anyhow, updates of my life so far...

Two "Leaving Do's".

Now I do not adapt well to change it must be said, but two proper full on characters of the castle have left and it is sad. Pete and Johnny D were legends and the castle is most definitely quieter (I feel I have gone deaf!!) Anyways apart from the ansgt at them leaving, their leaving do's were fab! I really enjoyed having a good booze up with the students and fellow work mateys after work resulting in two people gettigng ridiculously drunk on whiskey shots *shakes head* and then who gets lumbered sitting in the middle of the inevitable puke twins? MOI! haha!! It was Olly with his dry wretching and bellowing belches- he is tiny!! Where did it come from!? It was a good night and oodles of food to go round!!
Johhny D's leaving do was a night filled with dramas!! One had a fit before getting to the restaurant and then there was an argument over the bill!! GAR! However, all was well in the end. It was certainly a do to remember.

BOOKS.

I am reading again. Four books this week. Okay, none of noteable worth most would say, but they were complete escapism. There was one about horse racing and love (okay all my books are romances!!), one about illegitmate child and unmarried mam/farming people post-World War Two in Yorkshire, one about a woman who has a car crash, loses her family, fiance and use of her legs and then falls unsuspectingly in love with a man who was in the other car... and the last one was an Erica James novel- God! I love this woman! Complete holiday reading!! A widowed woman facing up to her husband's death, finds new love etc.... blah de blah! You know the rest!!

DRIVING!

Yay! I am beginning to love the driving. Apart from a small scuff/prang/crash with a jeep which the rental do not know about, all is good!! I can park on our driveway now with speed, grace and ease!! No mean feat I will tell ya with four cars on the drive!

MANAGEMENT SUCK!

One minor falling out with one manager and he is STILL ignoring me slash giving me evils. Men. They are such children. He is a bit of a tit at times, though a pretty fair and cool manager. And I was rather waspish- I told him to start acting like a manager *ouch*. I blame my father for this trait and my mother for speaking whatever I think coming uncontrollably out of my mouth (and also for my temper).
However, epic backfire on this though from my point of view- I am no longer to wear my trousers (not uniform issue) so I have to wear my skirt regardless of weather. I though yesterday was going to be cool and windy (so said mr. weatherman with his 14-16 degrees!!) so I prepared myself with the most ridiculously thick tights imaginable (Laura Batty would have been proud) and nobly stood in the same post where the argument first took place. The bloody British weather decided to be sunny so was consequently baked by 2 o'clock (20 degrees at least!) and the stupid manager wasn't even in!! Grrrrr... I also have sinking feeling that ticket staff have been told of rebuttal and there is definitely some frostiness on their part. *yikes like I care* Well obviously I do, 'cos I am blogging about it but you know... I will get over it.

SILENT DISCO.

This is the best concept ever! It was a really good night. We went to "Sceince Museum Lates" In London. It was slightly marred by my brother getting a little odd towards the end of the evening and not wanting to join in with some murmuring protestations that he had swine flu, to which I laughed and said "Sure, but you still feel well enough to go and buy yourself another beer". (And lo and behold, no swine flu has appeared since...) There was some heartbreak though for one guy- unrequited love-poor thing. Also because we a large group there was issues deciding what we should do. For future reference ('cos yes, we are going back!) we will know what to do- divide and conquer as they say! All that said I did have a really good night out and it was fairly cheap too with 2 4 1 burgers at Gourmet Burger Kitchen, a Young Persons Railway Travelcard, and free entry into the event = EPIC WIN! I especially enjoyed the Michael Jackson dance competition! It was just cool to hang with the young wardens.

ITALY.

I am definitely planning on a solo trip to Italy when I have found out the dates of my university course. I have been really wanting to do this for ages and so I bloody well am! I just need to decide a course of action. I want to see it all, but I may just have to stick to one city for the time being!!
I have been wanting to travel so much! There are so many places to see and to experience, but I just do not have the balls to do it! But Italy has really been nagging at me for the last two years. Spurred on my a friend who has just toured Italy and then southern Europe over two and a half weeks I think I will do it myself.
Any suggestions of what to do, where to go are gratefully accepted!!

DAD'S BIRTHDAY.

It was my Dad's 49th Birthday yesterday. It was good. We had Chinese, drunk copious amounts of wine, ate The Extremely Chocolatey Colin the Caterpillar from Marks and Spencer with make sift candles because Mam had misplaced our 'Candle Box' where keep decorations from cakes spanning twenty years!! We still have the ballerinas from my birthday cake I had when I was 5. My Mam had made me a stage! It was pretty fab!! I am still impressed by it now!! And a castle, a teddy bear, trains, football pitches... she was pretty damn good!!
My Dad is notoriously hard to buy for. So he got a bery cool pair of new jeans from me, a cool pair of new Nike trainers from Mam, some Roos Kemp DVDS from Rob (long story to be dictated in a new post!!), gardening stuffs like kneeling pad, a brand spanking new and very hot trowel, items for his 'shed patio' where he will duly hide out forever with a cider and his fishing gear... He also does most of the cooking in this household so a Best of British Cookbook and a mortatr and pestle to knock up his sauces and ground up his new herb garden he was given too.
All in all I hope to think he had a good birthday. In contrast to Mam's 50th it was definitely quieter and snaller in scale so I hope he didn't feel too hard done by.

Signing Off...

It is my one weekend off of three weeks so I am going to enjoy it. I had a long lie in this morning to catch up on all the partying of the last week and a bit, a good old long soak in the bathtub- that was great, texted people... still need to text others... I am just chilling really and being lazy... Next week it is dissertation research preliminaries and a lot of exercise... I am thinking Swimming Friday morning and a nice long walk round Black Park...

Ciao For Now XX

No comments: