Tuesday 23 March 2010

Cheryl Cole Radio One Live Lounge

Now I have every single Radio One Live Lounge album, just because YES I AM that sad. However, it says something. I like people who can sing live and kinda put themselves on the line singing something out of their own lil genre. Cheryl, I think, did neither. She isn't the first, nor I doubt the last the fail to accomplish both these aims behind the concept of Radio 1's Live Lounge but there you are. As a high profile character she almost had a duty to do it well, especially since her 'singing', or rather more accurately miming, was so out of sync on the Brits. It is really her time to prove people that she is a music artist, not a WAG with marriage difficulties.

Now Cheryl... well, I do have a wee bit of a soft spot for her, but Jeez she can't sing. I know she has had bronchitis and all that jazz, but above is her cover of Owl City's "Fireflies". I think she sounds flat and a little bit out of her depth.

On a lighter note her songs "Fight for this Love" and "Parachute" I really like- to the point where I knew the words to "Parachute" without realising it was her singing it... She is a lovely lady who has done charity work and I do just like her personality. But her role on the X-Factor has gotta be called into question, surely? Judging live, raw singing talent... but then to be fair we haven't exactly heard Simon Cowell pipe out a few notes have we?

Anyway, try and enjoy the above video nicked from you del tube :)

2 comments:

Colette said...

I think she blamed it on a hangover!

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

Pfft excuses! lol

But then I can barely function when hungover... maybe I like her a little bit more then...

Still pretty awful though...