Tuesday 16 March 2010

WOW IT IS MARCH

Okay, it has taken me to the 16th to realise it is indeed March. I think it is symbolic of my state of mind. Half "Can't Be Arsed", half let's disappear into "Lala Land", my own little world of gremlins, trees, medieval dress and Johnny Depp.

Let's get the bad stuff over with shall we?

Okay, well, here I go... I warn you now it is full of self-pitying humour but without the humour... I have warned you...

1) I have fallen out the wagon on the weight loss front. I am sure as hell not eating as much but the exercise has taken a knock. Well, okay maybe this is not that bad. It is not the first time. But I was looking forward to our family summer holiday to Spain- okay it is the uber Brit/Paddy-ville of Spain but I am not in England. I was losing weight for this, now my impetus to look good in a swimsuit has vanished. I will just wear my "slimming black collection" of clothes for yet another summer. However it is good news for my bank account to not go on holiday, thus leading me to gripe #2...

2) I am broke. My car broke down and cost me £500 to get it up and running again and now have no petrol, with the view of petrol prices going up 3p a gallon. Depressing quite frankly to have a car. I do love Beryl with all my heart but she is literally sapping money out of me at the moment. I also owe some serious money, am owed some serious money, need to flog a few things (bought to flog) to earn me some serious dough, and at some point need to wage war with the TV Licensing company who ripped uber amounts of money off me. Bastards.

3) University. Well, enough said I think. I am definitely not doing a PhD now. I would rather saw my hands off. Essaying for my Victorian culture class is going well; not so much for my Women and the Crusades class. I have no idea of where to tap sources!! Literal nightmare.

4) My family are constantly irritating me, in particular my mam and brother, The A Team. Whatever I do, it is just not enough, for the proverbial sun will always perpetually shine out of my brother rear end for my mother. He 'didn't have time' to order flowers for mum for mother's day, so dad did (OK The Brother did pay for them)and then The Brother failed to pick them up because he was still in bed, so dad went and got them, fell over the step in the garden that has been there for an age and fell on the flowers. STILL he is a flaming saint. My brother, not my dad. My dad got told off for yelling at the brother. I, however, a week in advance bought card and gifts- PLURAL- and really put some thought into it. Humph. I did get a thank you so that is something.
Also on an additional note on the brother- his laziness kills me!!! He doesn't even wash his own shirts!! I sit on the sofa knowing he has none clean for the next day at work and I have to go and wash them because I know he will probably just re-wear the less smelly one!! Also someone (a bitch I might add) at work pulled me up about his deportment!! He is untidy and slovenly. Humph. Like what am I supposed to do about it? Well, I polished his flaming shoes at half seven in the morning and he took them off me and put them on without even a thank you.

Anyway rant on that front over!!

The positives:

1) Went for a cultural extravaganza in Southall- art exhibition and genuine curry :) twas amazing all round. Friend's exhibit was really good. Definitely the best but then I am biased. I am looking forward to the fotos coming onto Facebbok so I can show you some of the stuff there! Some pretty great art stuff going on... but some were a little bizarre like the "70cm Shutter" where you had to crawl into the warehouse to enter whilst apparently being filmed. A great laugh to the creation of that monstrosity but if I ever meet that unfortunate soul, tis beats for them! LOL! Overall, it was a fab evening!! I had a real great night out breaking out from the domestic sphere hemming me in atm!

2) I actually managed to give away some tickets for work!! Woohoo two mates came round the castle and we had a bit to eat and bevvie! Just nice to have a catchup and hang out with a different bunch.

3) Tomorrow I am heading off (spending even more monies but it is so worth it) to Southampton to have lunch with a pal and then see Derren Brown wots-his-name-person-thingy-me-bob with old school mates. That will perk me up.

4) I have a clean bathroom thanks to moi. It has been getting me down. It was a game of who will break first I think. I cracked, but the plus is a shiny clean bathroom though I forgot to scrub the toilet- crucial- I poured liberal amounts of bleach down it but I forgot about it. Went in there a while ago and found it smelling overwhelmingly of bleach. "Doh!" comes to mind!! LOL

5)I am downloading music I can ill-afford but it is making me smile. Check out the following:

a)Stay Too Long by Plan B
b)The Cave by Mumford and Sons
c) Devil's Spoke by Laura Marling
d)You and I; Die Alon; Glass by Ingrid Michaelson
e) The hereafter- haven't bought this yet as it is a bit odd and I haven't made my mind up!!

I am also liking the Radio 1 Live Long version of Halo by Florence and the Machine. Oooooo additionally The Dirtee Love by Dizzee Rascal and Florence is gooooood too!
Also recently downloaded- The truth about heaven by Armor for Sleep, Earth to Bella Parts I and II by Incubus- i forget how much I like Incubus... And also Rock n Roll Queen by the Subways- makes me think of freshers week when I tried to get into live music. I wasn't sure I liked them then but they have grown on me since...

Anyhoo I think that is a long enough rant to catch you up on my moans, grins and whims. Adieu for now...

No comments: