Friday 26 March 2010

Brief Update Before the Chaos Ensues...

Okay so it is Friday, THE Friday before the SingStar Extravaganza. Am I hyping this up too much?

I think I may be.

I have been warming up my vocals by singing in my car to Abba, Duffy, Lady GaGa, Florence and the Machine, The Killers, etc whilst stuck in traffic in Egham/Old Windsor of all places!? However, there was a major crash, and little car is now a very tiny car that a dwarf possibly would not fit in. I am hoping the people inside were alright. The Van on the other side seemed pretty badly damaged but still van-shaped. I think we can work out who won the Van vs Small Car competition. It made me and Lil Beryl worried and very nervous. It could have been us, that little red car crumpled.

So I was warming up vocals, passing by bits of car and bopping as I have been given to doing of late, and I was pondering life. As you do. It ain't half bad. So maybe like yesterday's post of "Happy Thursday", this is a bit of a "happy Friday!"

I am a bit of a gimp when it comes to social interaction with unknown/strange peoples but "The Crusaders" are like some of the nicest welcoming people ever on a historically based course in the world!! I haven't been to every historically based course in the world, but I still know that they would be tops! They really welcomed a stoopid, non-crusading, doing-this-for-a-lark-cum-it-interests-me as I was. Genuinely amazing to see them in Crosslands today :) Very nice bunch.
Also had a small amount of chillax time with Lucy and co. Will meet up with her over the Easter holidays for some Essay downtime and lunch procrastination- part of the university culture is to procrastinate by eating. I am down with this!

So yes, all round social thumbs up, all round vocal high five and also got thrown a couple of books by the legend that is Jonathan Phillips (Prof. btw) so I hoping these books will make my essay marvellous. One can only hope.

On a penultimate note, I am going to the pub tonight. I am driving = no drink = good for impending doom of the bank balance. I also have the wondrous sum of £9 to spend tonight on all manner of non-alcoholic beverages. That is my budget and I am sticking to it! We are trying a new pub which is called "The Vanny" by its regulars. Should be interesting. I will give full report Monday/Tuesday time. Right now, I am thinking I need to read those books and clean the upstairs bathroom before the party tomorrow.

And on a final note it is indeed SingStar Extravaganza tomorrow. I will also give you an update of how this goes with some possible photos and almost certainly no voice recordings. I shall not put you through the ear death that will be any inebriate singing at this party. Full update to come beginning part of next week!!

Signing off for the weekend...

HAVE A GOOD ONE EVERYONE!!!!

2 comments:

Ulysses Gray said...

Paradoxically, my singing only gets better the more I drink. At least, that's how it sounds to me...

It's going to be Mega with a capital 'muh'.

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

Ironically I cannot remember singing... sign of a good night and even better vocals I think?! lolz good times!! :)