Tuesday 23 March 2010

Paramore in Radio One Live Lounge

Just in contrast to Cheryl Coles' debarcle in the Radio One Live Lounge, I was pondering what else youtube.com had to offer of the joys of Live-Loungeness... apparently a lot!! And it was here I found one of my fav bands at the moment performing really casually, and in relaxed and less hyped up setting "Ignorance", one of their singles. A-MA-ZING. Totally brill. Check it out. Best four minutes of your life.

And you can so see in the boys' faces half way through that they know that they had totally nailed this track. Hayley was singing with her eyes shut, knowing the timing, pitch and rhythm of all of the song without looking to the boys for reference or reassurance. It was the exuding confidence that is so captivating. She believes in what she is doing I guess. Cheryl Cole, on the other hand, bless her, had a hand constantly pinned to her ear-piece throughout the majority of her live version of "Parachutes".

It was a nice piece to watch. Young people have got it going on!!!

2 comments:

Ulysses Gray said...

I love Paramore too. You want to watch their Use Somebody cover. It's brilliant.

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

I have indeedy seen their 'Use Somebody' cover- how immense is that?!

Hayley Williams was on Radio 1 this afternoon and she was so nice and down to earth. And although I worry about her personal hygiene, she seems luffly :) epic win all round say I!