Thursday 25 March 2010

Happy Thursday

I guess I need to start coming up with better titles than the ones I use.

But then again it is kinda to the point!!

I am thinking that today has been a good day.

I have procrastinated from doing history reading/historical thinking of essayness... that is pretty much standard.

I have discovered some CDs to bust out to pre-Karaokeness at Karaoke party- sorry, sorry sorry "SingStar" party. For the uninitiated it is basically Karaoke on the Playstation. We need to get drunk before any Karaoke is partaken of. These CDs my brother made for my mam's 50th birthday party but never bothered to write what is on each CD so obviously apart from listening to some ace tuneage (and also some truly shite tuneage) and having a bit of a bop along to old skool tracks, I had to work out what was what on each CD. We weren't allowed to go too new in June 2009 for the majority of the attendees were of the same ages as the rentals but without the updated taste in music (to be fair both my Rentals love Radio 1 like me :>).The non-Radio 1-ners would stereotypically bust out phrases such as "in my day music was not this loud...." "what racket is this?!" and "this is music?!" Some of which had been directly applied to my music. Muse was contraband item for her birthday bash and Queen for my brother was also a no-no, but still he managed to sneak not so subtly two Queen tracks onto pretty much every CD. Love his work, love it! Wish I had been so bold!

Anyway back to the point, so I was procrastinating with a little bit of dusting the lounge and tidying the sun room and also a bit of the downstair's WC U-Bend cleanage too whilst trying to work out what song was playing. It was a mix between "Never Mind the Buzzcocks" Guess the Tunes round whilst trying to hear the music over the gargling of the washing machine near the toilet and a Pub Quiz- of Guess the Track Before the Lyrics Start- ever do that?? Well I was goooood.... but then it does help that me and my brother tend to toe the same line where music is concerned. Well, most of the time. He did call Muse shit for a long time, but he came around in the end when I dragged his arse to see them live. That was a great day!! Without me Bon Jovi would never have been a love, nor Muse and Aerosmith. What can I say? I think for myself as a Demagogue of Music to my Lil Bro. He would kill me for saying that.

BTW- I had to make sure I was using the word Demagogue right- here is the definition: demagogues - Charismatic leaders willing to use emotionally-manipulative appeals coupled with simplistic and subjective explanations to mobilize constituencies... (from publiceye.com) I think ti may be fairly accurate :)

But on the other hand I also would like to claim ignorance when he starts on his uber cheesey style music- I am talking love ballads with eyes closed hand held out in front of you- those kind of love ballads. Oh yes.

There is a time and a place. For me... it is rare, verging on never. But then I am a love cynic so it fits my bill that I listen to Muse where we talk of "I can't remember when it was good, moments of happiness elude... and I feel my world crumbling, feel my life crumbling, feel my soul crumbling away.. watching the fantasies decay" (Falling Away With You) and "You will suck the life out of me" (Time is Running Out).

Anywoo I had a wicked time having a bit of a bop around the toilet this afternoon...

Now I am thinking I ought to get back to the Virgin Mary as a tool in the Crusades in Medieval times.

Sometimes the simple things in life can just be to easy to enjoy, so today, or rather tonight, I am going to grasp the simple things and enjoy them, for no doubt another day when I want to moan will be fast approaching!!

No comments: