Sunday 19 July 2009

The End of Summer Vacation

For many kiddie-winks and studenty types (of which I was one) their summer holidays are starting. For me mine is ending. Damn British weather with the rain and the clouds and the general urgh weather that brings out the hermit in me and have spent the last week watching DVDs and reading books as opposed to going to zoo *merecats and elephants* and Brighton *one rocking night out with the local LGBT delegates* EPIC FAIL.

I feel I have wasted a week but then I haven't had a proper do nothing holiday since... well Christmas (4 days off) and before then the few weeks just after I finished uni last year. Sigh... it harks back to the days of reading copious amiunts of books catching up on tv series I lost out whilst revising...

Still I am back at work tomorrow with the inevitable touristy rush post-school break-up ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH Two weeks of nothing then thrown into the pit of hell for the next two months and I mean BUSY! However, there are many social activities planned over the next few weeks which will surely make me regret writing this blog over my inactivity- I will long for the days of inactivity and lethargy!!

On a plus note- I am wondering whether I want to be come a teacher to enjoy these holidays once more.... but then I hear that you never really get those six weeks off. You are just doing paperwork.... hmmmm...

Anyway that is quite enough ranting from moi!

3 comments:

Colette said...

Over 7000 visitors yesterday!!

Meg said...

My friends (former colleagues) in England just finished school last week...and my first day back was today! I had two months off, though, and I get a two-week break at the end of September.

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

wow! how does the school year work in the US?
It is this time of year in England where all the cynics (i.e. those with no kids in schools and especially those who work within the tourist trade) know that things become stupidly busy- beaches become packed with the slightest hint of a glimmer of sunshine and motorways become carparks!!

It is great that you get two months off though and then two weeks in Sept- I hope your teaching is going well (You tell those kids who is boss!!! Liked your post on the seventh graders!!)