Wednesday 15 July 2009

Epic Fail/Win


EPIC FAIL 1: Okay, maybe not quite that epic but still... I still haven't started James Joyce AGAIN. It didn't fit in my bag on the way to Hatty's so it stayed behind. However "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova did fit in my bag. It is about history, vampires and books. What more can I say? A complete perfect book for me!!

I will do a little blog about it when I have finished methinks...

EPIC FAIL 2: driving post-driving test with the rentals = ARGH never again! It was like my first ever driving lesson all over again but without running over the wee child. However, on transporting myself to dance on Monday evening by MYSELF I was fine. I also have a list of errands to do today and I going to take my car out and give it a spin to do these errands.... however it does involve parking- ouch! I still haven't achieved parking within the lines as of yet. On the plus driving side, I have managed to reverse into our drive and avoid hitting the wall, fence and the other three cars on the drive so YAY!!

EPIC WIN 1: was my time well spent in Cambridge!! We had an excellent night out in which we managed to blag ourselves in free!! Vodka Revolutions whoop whoop! Had a bit of a boogie, I deftly dealt with some 30-something male pervs with a tact and polite approach of course and cheesy chips on the way home plus hare girly chats= epic win.
I punted... though I did end up finding myself doing it better whilst going "backwards". Personally I think they have been doing it wrong for years and that the right way was my way :P Then I did get stuck in a tree and the punt-stick-thing also got stuck in the tree and I was clinging to the boat-thing with my toes whilst trying to extract myself from the said tree. Hatty kept paddling forwards so the boat was very close to leaving me in the tree!! After untangling myself to the avid amusement of other (and more proficient) punters, we crashed into the bank and got stuck there. *EPiC FAiL* However it was the best fun I have had in ages! It was fun being a tourist. I have become so cynical whilst working at Windsor.

EPIC WIN 2: Bowling! I went bowling with my brother and rents for the first time in two years I think we worked it out as! It was great fun!! I hit like two strikes and a million squillion spares and won the first game!!! YAY!! I was really impressed though my mobile wouldn't take a photo so I could commemorate this victorious win! My dad was gutted as he is the usual big winner with a hundred strikes!! I nearly came last in out second game though. I still maintain the pint of beer in the interval was my downfall. I did manage coming second in the end because the boys cam joint first and I managed to his a couple of spares at the end to overtake Mam. Mama was not too amused. We had a real good time, and were a little naughty and had a Big Mac- it is the best Mac I have had in years- it was freshly made and MAN! could you tell!! We then had a game of pool in which the boys valiantly teamed up with one girl apiece. I potted the black ball extraordinarily well and won the game, but really me and mam were really BAD! haha... mam did miss the ball in fact of one occasion and I cheated so... good day all in all!

TODAY- I have a feeling will be an EPIC WIN. I AM GOING TO SEE THE NEW HARRY POTTER FILM!!!! YAY! THE WAIT IS OVER. I AM GENUINELY VERY EXCITED AND WILL OF COURSE BLOG THE NECESSARY DETAILS DOWN WHEN I GET BACK. Rob (brother) has kindly agreed to see it with me (but secretly he has been watching all the bits and pieces on TV before I have and he is already trying to guess who the half-blood prince is). We are also going for all you can eat Chinese before too so this is going to be great!!

No comments: