Thursday 9 July 2009

Holiday Objectives


Well, I can tick one of my holiday objectives ticked off- Passing my driving test :) yay!!


Here are some of the other objectives of my Staycation:


1) Holiday destination for later on in the year. I want to go somewhere... it is currently a toss up between Rome or New York... rock on the city breaks!


2) Read James Joyce Ulysses. It has been sitting staring at me since Christmas and I haven't managed to start it yet. My trip to Cambridge tomorrow should hopefully be able to set me off reading it... two and a half hours by train... I thought driving (M25ness-argh!!) was a tad before my time!!


3) Learn how to park. Apparently passing your test does not automatically instill within you an ability to park in a multi storey carpark.


4) Blog regularly- yay! I am trying my hardest on this one!!


5) Buy camping gear for V Festival- I am soooo ridiculously excited about V Festival. I bought two foldable chairs today... just need a tent... there is a great deal at Halfords of all places so I am gonna head over there... YES, IN MY CAR to purchase it on Sunday.


6) Go to garage and get a new radio fitted free of charge. Alas mine has died in my car :( And I had tapes and everything made up for it.


7) Make tapes for car... any good driving songs? I have my obligatory Muse requirement, Guns and Roses' Sweet Child of Mine, a bit of Oasis, Razorlight, The Killers, Dolly Parton and Dusty Springfield, combined with some classical stuff... Debussey, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky.


8)I forgot to actually insert this one... I am visiting Hatty tomorrow in Cambridge!! WHOOP WHOOP!! There is punting involved and a bit of partying and more touristy stuff :D


9) Visit grandparents in Devon :)


10) Start researching venues and hotels and things in Birmingham for a Boland/Workman Cousins Reunion *hopefully before Christmas* yay!! Wowza!!


That is all for now... updates on all the following are sure to follow!!

No comments: