Tuesday 7 July 2009

RONI'S 50TH BIRTHDAY PARTY!

24th June 2009, RJ, Mam and Dad sitting outside in the fine weather! Silly Bobert getting in the way of a nice shot! Grrr....
Conversing on serious matters...

"I am dead chuffed with this!"


And Billy is triumphant on Singstar!

We are so NOT understanding the rules of Singstar! Poor Sausage Richard

Chuckles... Me, RJ and Dad

Nice photo if I do say so myself!!



24th, after the vast amounts of alcohol :)

Cousin Simon^
Sausage Richard, Robbie the BFG and Lyn ^

Mum advocating Health and Saftey to the masses and cutting her pink hard hat birthday cake!

Puffing out the one and only candle... 50 proved to be too much of a fire hazard
A sample of booze :)

WHAT HAVE I BEEN UP TO? WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN BLOGGING? Well now. There is a story for you. Not a lot I guess it would seem to me looking back on the past month but there had been many a sleepless night and anxious moment spent worrying about my Mam's 50th Birthday party. AND I mean really worry about it. Trying to rally the troops and then organise and clean with my brother more anxious to reach the top score on his play station, my mam flower arranging and my dad hosing down the patio. The fact that food needed to be done and the kitchen and bathrooms cleaned... sigh. It got done and we had a really wicked night- it was worth the effort, although sometimes I wish my friends that I had invited would integrate more with other people.
Anyway, my mam had a wicked time she assures me and it certainly did seem so. I really loved hanging out with my cousins. We are a cool bunch actually. We can't help it :P It was a genuinely fab birthday. Far better than mine, but then it was mine and I hate birthday parties!!

There was people my Mam used to work with- and ergo me too. Robin was there- this kindly bespectacled man with a love of history and a very dry wit. Some others who were really weird- well okay, their wives were really WEIRD. OK, correction.... one was really weird. Actually looked as if she had walked out of Grimm's Fairy tales as a witch. I am being catty but she let me real off a list of drinks of water before declaring that she only wanted water. I don't mind people not drinking as long as they don't stop the fun! She stopped the fun.

Louise and her girls were great. Annabelle is a little prima-doner but my dancing background has given me enough experience to deal deftly with the prima-doner tantrum that soon follows. Kimberley was ace- loves Cheeselets and Mamma Mia, but she too can be given over to fits of tears. She didn't want to leave was the long and short of it. She was my little stooge for the night. Bless her. I need to send Kimberley's hairband back actually...

Ron, our next door neighbour, from which we suffer RDT a lot from *Ron Down Time* It is the time we spend talking to Ron- we seriously love this guy to bits! He is seventy odd, loves his football and gardening and lives by himself in a five bedroom house- absolute legend! He had to meander his way out of our house via bumping into every chair and table and surface to the exit of our house. He emerged from his house at half 12(?) bleary eyed and groggy to feed his fish that he usually feeds at 9am prompt each and every day. We know this because we were out suffering in the garden longing on reclining chairs.
Simon and his wife Lyn (my cousins) came from Bolton- what a sound lot!! You couldn't ask for better dudes (and dudette!) Lovely lovely lovely!! Mary, Bill and Dave came too (hi Dave!)- how wicked of it was for you turn up! I hope you had a great time and weren't too hung over!! It really made my Mam's birthday to have you guys all around her and having so much fun.

My cousin Mary and I fell asleep after an absolutely hair-splitting round of Karaoke on my brother's PlayStation 3 "Sing star" at about 3am. My brother RJ and cousin Si had to try and drag me up to bed off the sofa whilst I was firmly declaring that I didn't know either of them. It explains me waking up with a dry mouth and in full party attire at half eight the next morning with my contact lenses still in. CLASSY LASSY!!

There was booze, oh so much booze, music, dancing, singing... oh God! The singing... I was so drunk that when singing the wrong words and it was pointed out to me- I realised that I couldn't see the words on the screen and as aforementioned I DID have my contact lenses in, so I was just too drunk to be able to read the words. The singing was beyond out of tune!! The poor neighbours!!

I really really hope my Mam did have as good a time as I did!! And of course the people that came! I shall sign off from telling anymore stories!! Fab night! Awesome! haha!!

1 comment:

Old Fogey said...

NSSM - Rather late but Hi! I'm pleased you call your mother 'Mam' - which is what we called our mother.
OF