Wednesday 7 April 2010

SINGSTAR NIGHT

So, I guess I have kept you waiting long enough to find out the climax of the much hyped SingStar night...

Well truth of the matter is, I do not remember much. I woke up with more bruises than someone been dragged over a pot-holed two-mile road, I had a hangover that allowed me to move, but want to throw up at the sight of alcohol/food, and finally the washing machine full of freshly washed bed linen, shirts and towels told me someone had a throwing up session.

On retreating back to bed after a momentous drinks-can-clearing and surfacing-wiping session, with floor-sweepage-and-moppage thrown in for good measure, I cleaned up the rest of my friend's sick. The flashbacks were really starting. My friend had thrown up in my bed and had tried to turn the pillow over to hide it. It covered a lot of my bookshelf too. My poor beloved books. Sometimes I wonder if I love my books more than people...
I remember the relationship breakup with resulting peoples going missing and the drunken mission to comb the streets finding them. I remember harrassing the pizza man and the unfortunate man who found us a 4 in the afternoon drunk as lords but still trying to sell us cleaning stuff.

I remembered having an hour or so clearing up the pools of sick around my room and on my mam's fairly new cream carpet. I remember scrubbing with all my life. I remember the frustration of everyone saying leave it till tomorrow. I wish I had but then I know it would have been so much harder to shift and it is all the more do-able when pissed yourself.

The bruises after a long batch of texting various friends I ascertained came from me falling down the stairs. Apparently I hit every step from the top to the bottom, punctuating the rapidly falling silence in the kitchen with a fuck, shit, bollocks and climaxing with taking my friend's feet out from under her and sending us both hurtling down the remaining stairs. Thus resulting in the bruises.

Before this I also thought it would be immensely amusing to try and beat up brother's mate in a play fight. He is karate trained. I lost. Badly. However, I found "Dangerous Woman" written on a bit of paper on my bed. :P I love my Lil Bruva's school friends; they're all like mini other brothers. Very odd kidz but I would take them all home when they have been out on the Razz with my brother- none of them are as large as my brother nor can hold quite as much booze. They really make me laugh, really like my brother. They are jokers in short. And as my mother keeps telling me- I am far too serious and need to lighten up "if you want anyone to like ya!" Thanks mam, but maybe she has a point huh?

So SINGING- it was a SingStar night right? Well, I don't remember what I sung but apparently my version of Amy Winehouse's Rehab was awful so I am told. I think we may have to do it again but with a little less booze and a little less sick, and also without the relationship breakup with which I had to deal amongst my other domestic duties. Man tears were something I could not handle whilst pissed as a fart. His girlfriend rolling around on the lawn being sick and crying was also something that perhaps gave me less time to participate in the Karaoke. However, all in all these are what makes the memories of the night. What a random night all in all.

Next time, we need more pizza, I need to eat both lunch and dinner. I need to avoid the whiskey, the blackcurrent "Sourz" shots, the vodka shots and Lambrini- yes, because girls do wanna have fun and just for the record, yes it may be a "Chavvy" drink but I can handle it a whole heap better than the whiskey I was drinking. I am shuddering now thinking about it!!

Also on a plus note, we have oodles of booze left. Two crates of beer, two bottles of wine, a bottle of Lambrini which has since been recently drunk :P, two bottles of vodka, half a bottle of whiskey and some cider. A good return I feel for my cleaning antics, although I doubt I will be touching the whiskey in a hurry. I may have to return it to the friend who broke up with his girlfriend. I fear he may need it more than us :)

Most of all the paper plate art and messages that were left were immense. They said thanks and sorry, etc. It was real nice touch. I think it went well. I had a good time!! Rob my bruva had a good time. I guess that is all that counts.

I have regained some of my dignity and my foot is now slightly less blue and more able to walk on (my latsing physical proof of falling down the stairs). We are almost recovered housewise and life is going back to normal. Next time I want a go on the Abba SingStar which I missed out on this time round!!

That is all folks on the SingStar partyness :)

2 comments:

Ulysses Gray said...

Next time we need more normal Coke. I tried JD with Diet Coke about 3/4 way through the night, and it's lucky I was next to the sink. Diet and normal don't mix, I guess.

You forgot to mention Ed's hat! Or did you forget that too? ;)

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

No, I remembered Ed's witch hat wearing skillz, but I felt bad lampooning too many people other than me?! And sicky people too, just because. :)

As for normal coke- I really can't stand it, so I only buy Diet- my prejudices reigned because I was the one who bought most of the coke. I didn't even have any!! It was a "buy what you drink night" haha so I only like diet, so only diet was stocked by yours truly's fair hand and bank overdraft!!And the other issue is to try and keep it safe from other gulpers- personally I go for the most disgusting thing no one likes drinking cos then people don't drink it!! mwhahahaha!