Wednesday 24 February 2010

Random Events Recorded...

Yikes. What a week!!!!

1) What possessed me to take up a weight loss course based on hypnotherapy???

At work P. was in a previous life/pre-castle a hynoptherapist. He is now the one training a bunch of us tubby wardens who graze on the various snacks provided at work and pile on the pounds. In fact during one part of my Personal Development Review and being asked what was the best aspect of one of the items I did, all I could remember was the great food!! hmmmm.... but to be fair they had free mini Oreo biscuits!! They were immense :)

Anyhow so P is teaching us on the subconscious to not crave food. It has seemed to be working because I am not doing anything untoward i.e. eating snacks. However, whilst under the "trance" part lying on the floor surrounded by my colleagues, I gave an almighty snore, inhaled the blanket covering my mouth and choked cauisng a bit of commotion at my end of the room. Was the tranquility of the room interrupted? Pfft. Needless to say, most people were giving me a disapproving raised eyebrow afterwards.

Why can't I be graceful eh? Sometimes there just is not one bone of feminine grace and charm in me.

2) TEXAN MAN IN PUB

I went to meet up with my friend Em today and catch up. She has a lush new older boyfriend and her job at Ann Summers is going well- seriously this is like the ideal job for her- candid answers for every question! Anywho we were approached by a random Texan bloke working in Slough. I asked- couldn't he find a nice place in England to live? Apparently not. Anyhooo he was a little odd, kept saying fuck and trying to make me like 80s American music. It is not going to happen. It wasn't a particularly outstanding time for music to be honest and he was not making a very convincing argument. Anyhoo with some beautiful acting skills on my part and Em covering up her bemused face on picking up on my escape plan dove out of the pub ASAP. He gave me the creeps. Bless though, I think he was just lonely.

3) Walking Home in Pouring Rain

Yes, well. That just about sums it up really. Following this event in pub we walked around Tesco's for a bit as the shops were shutting in the high street. In order to work off the large glass of wine I had supped in the pub I decided it would be a marvellous idea to walk home. It was only drizzling when I set out. HA!
Half an hour later I turned up at my doorstep, my woollen blazer (oh yes!) was drenched through, the coat was shrinking a little bit but mostly smelling of a wet dog, my cowboy boots it seems are not water proof but were more comfortable than I had previously given them credit for, and my once-afro-tastic-curly hair was now plastered to my head. Hmmmm. Enough said on that I think. Oh no, I forgot. I put on non-waterproof mascara this morning. I came home looking like (and also smelling like) a corpse which had just been pulled out of the river.


In short, bit of an odd week the last few days!! Made for some interesting blogging- well more interesting than usual!!

No comments: