Sunday 31 May 2009

FINALLY SOME GREAT NEWS

Finally, on my blog I get to report some GREAT and I repeat GREAT news. I feel I have been whining a lot recently and for that I am sorry.

But here are my top ten of the week:

(I find it is my easier way of saying the best bits I have done this week!!)

1. I GOT MY MASTERS FUNDING!! That is right- I GOT MY MASTERS FUNDING! HELL YEAH! BABY DOLL (as my flatmate used to say in the 1st year) BABY DOLL- FUCKING YEAH! As you can see- I am well chuffed about this! It is such a weight off my shoulders!! I can buy a car to get there and I can afford (just about to save myself!!)

2. RJ (my bro) has an interview where I work tomorrow!! I am really pleased- I am having my fingers crossed. Although apprehensive that he is working where I will be if he is successful in the job interview- I will just be sooooo pleased he has got a job. His confidence has been shattered by being made redundant.

3. I met up with my "history gals" yesterday! It was immense! We went and saw the new exhibition at the British Museum- "Henry VIII: Man and Monarch". ok, ok, ok, it was guest curated by David Starky (not my favourite historian (I still reckon there should be some more female historians on the tellybox!!) We had a great day- we went and visit Buckingham Palace (the outside), saw a mini guard change and chillaxed in St. James' park. We also just wondered round London- It was just a great day. We do genuinely talk about history and it is not pretentious. One of my favourite mates suggested that I look to apply for a job after my Masters at Wellcome Library because it is where I did my dissertation research and it is what I am really interested in!

4. I met up with my mate Bradders in London for drinks and dinner and catchups. I loved it. It was a good old catchuo- It is just such a smae we cant meet up more regularly though we have promised to do it more often since we worked out it isn't that far away!!

5. I love summer. The sunshine= hearts!! I am only a little red, but I do soooooo love just frolic-ing in the sun! I like eating ice-cream and playing frisbee and walking and looking. Everythi8ng looks so much better in the sun. London looks glorious. Big Ben chiming in the back ground, the nearby clip-clop of horses hooves opf the Royal Household Cavalry, the hum-and-buzz-of bees, ruffling of grass, the shrill laughter, kids gurgling pleasure and the general atmosphere of contentedness.

6. BBQs. My dad has officially nailed the BBQ cuisine. He is a legend! He has produced some good shiz from Thai chicken with hot cucumber salad, his own bbq sauced ribs, home-made burgers, toulouse sausages, and finally his salmon with sweetcorn and chilli chutney. Ace stuff!

7. I have decided to grab something by the balls and go with it. i.e. just ask someone out! whoop whoop!

8. I have finished writing all my letters- one to SJ, one to Masayo my Japanese penpal through Windsor, and also my reply letters about my masters- I am ticking "ACCEPT" to them all!! YAY!

9. MUSIC- this is just a great appreciative note to Lily Allen's new album, Muse (as always), Paramore, Amy Winehouse and Razorlight for their music of late. It has just elevated my soul as it were :)

10. Feeling content. Ok, so it is not something to particularly blog on but I do feel really content and settloed at the moment. I just wish I could spread the feeling to everyone. One friend in particular recently had suffered a loss that I couldn't deal with. For him, my thought are with him and for all my positive moments this week, I am fully aware of the fragility of life. In a sick way it just makes me all the more aware of how grateful the position I am in.

Love, Good feeling and positivity to one and all!

Enjoy the sunshine and good feeling!

XX

2 comments:

psyconym said...

Fantastic News on the Funding!

Glad thigns are going well for you!!

x

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

Thanks! :)