Thursday 7 May 2009

Thoughts of A Dying Atheist, Muse

Eerie whispers
Trapped beneath my pillow
You won't let me sleep
Your memories

I know you're in this room
I'm sure I heard you sigh
Floating in-between
Where our worlds collide

It scares the hell out of me
And the end is all I can see
And it scares the hell out of me
And the end is all I can see

I know the moments near
And there's nothing we can do
Look through a faithless eye
Are you afraid to die?

It scares the hell out of me
And the end is all I can see
And it scares the hell out of me
And the end is all I can see

It scares the hell out of me
And the end is all I can see
And it scares the hell out of me
And the end is all I can see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVolJX7hbvk

3 comments:

Old Fogey said...

Spinoza was a lens grinder and philosopher. He didn't believe in the Christian God. Grinding lenses did for him - breathing in all those minute glass fragments. He carried on grinding lenses till just before he died. He was calm at the end. He felt he was about to return to the universality, the everything from which he originally came. Darwin had the same feeling, whatever our regrets we are always part of universal all-encompassing nature. Unbelievers can die as calmly as believers - I hope.
OF

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

I am reading "Angels and Demons" again before I see the film and the conflicting nature of science and religion and how one person reconciles the two together- that science some how proves God exists.
I like the idea that I would be able to float around my garden as particles to help my plants grow :) I think I might get bored in heaven. There is no use for us there...
I hope for both of us unbelievers will die just as peacefully as believers- I am sure we will.... but let us banish such thoughts for now to happier things????? It is a little way off just yet.

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

I just realised that my last comment didn't make all that mcuh sense-
In "Angels and Demons" there is a scientist who is/was a priest but was also a physicist and made science prove God exist. It was not so much Religion eh was reconciling with God/Science. It is the idea that energy is God- that the wrold and the universe we live in was made from nothing and what made nothing was this random burst of energy from nothing and THAT was God. Interesting theory I thought.