Friday 15 May 2009

My Garden I: My Swing Incident

I love my garden. It reminds me of my Grandma. I loved my Grandma hugely. This is like a huge statement for me. Most people say they love their family and I do... but when it comes to wider relations I have four I can say I truly love to bits. My Gran was one.

She got me into gardens. We mainly made mud pies from an early age with what she called "clean dirt"! My mam went mad because we went home caked in mud (me and my brother once he was old enough).

I can just feel peaceful and rested in the garden. The only thoughts I have entering my mind are nice, more positive ones than any other time. (I have started to listen to music again to get me to sleep- never a good sign. I need it to block out thought that harrass me at night. I feel like Bella at one point during the Twilight saga where she turns this CD on and listens to it to drum out the worst of her thoughts. La voila. That's me. I think I ahve too much of a conscience.)

Anyway, MY GARDEN.

THE SWING INCIDENT.

Or perhaps I should say incidentS. The first time I went to go and sit on my tree swing and have a bit of a rock whilst admiring my garden. I am very proud of it at the moment. We have put a lot of hard work into it this year instead of going on holidays. Go us and our eco footprint decreasing with less airmiles to Spain! Anyhoo.... I was on my swing, swinging (as it goes) but I got a bit enthusiastic with the swinging forgetting I had a cup of tea in my hand!! DOH!! OUCH!! All over me!! lol I was drenched in scolding hot tea! I hot footed it down to the kitchen hokding my skirt away from my thighs!! OWWWWWWW!

Second incident... more serious lol! The swing broke. I was swinging again. This time minus the scolding hot cuppa but again with the enthusiastic swinging came a swift crunching snap of the sun-dried rope and hasty fall from grace. It is quite a high swing but thanks to arm muscles I didn't know I had, I managed to hold myself from falling as fast with one arm whilst twirling prettily around the falling rope to sink gracefully to the ground, my skirt fluttering delicately behind me, then settling to a circular hoop around me. My dad looked up and said something along the lines of that was almost graceful and gave a huff of a chuckle! Teehee It is quite graceful for me but I tell you what, my swing is well and truly knackered- I need a new everything- something to do when the weather is nice...

The only problem is now (apart from the broken swing)... I have rope burn around my upper arm and in my armpit from my Cirque De Soleil (sp?) -esque fall from grace!! Additionally I have seemed to have pulled a shoulder muscle... I look like a crow with a broken wing if I need to use my arms for anything- which is surprisingly a lot at work- handing out audio guides and the such like...

However, upside- my lettuces, sunflowers, lavender (which I want to make relaxing bath oils from), chillis and chives are benefitting from the rain at the moment! They surely enjoyed their mummy prancing around the tree swing in her frolics!

Please let the sun come out again for me to enjoy my garden :) I need some quiet head space...

2 comments:

Old Fogey said...

Well, for what it's worth I listen to music every night before going to sllep. The problem is I always fall asleep during the best bit - the reason I played it in the first place. As a swinger I guess your mam regards you as a menace to her vegetable plot.
OF

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

haha I always fall asleep before the best song too!! Then I wake up with the blue light glowing from my CD player at three in the morning- Doh- missed it again scenario!! Thankfully as I am the one growing the lettuces, chillis and sunflowers, the swinging aspect is overlooked by my mam as a "Leanne-ism"!!! Just as long as I avoid her roses- but then due to the thorns I guess that is in my best interests too!