Thursday 11 February 2010

Weight Loss Scheme #932 Ready to Commence

Right, I have said this many times before but I have actually stepped up my plans for weight loss. It was my New Year's resolution to hit a reasonable weight by the time I go to Spain at the end of July and I have yet another target to hit by December (and before the Xmas explosion of eat-everything-you-can-lay-your-hands-on!!)

So I have joined a hypnotherapy weight loss course at work- a tenner for a four week course is dirt cheap. it is going to help visualise yourself slimmer, make you think positive and bolster your self will- of which mine is very weak- place a lump of cheese in front of me and I crumble!! My brother is my weight loss buddy, so together we are taking on the chain-smoking mother and father who thinks we will starve is the plate isn't mounted. Needless to say they are not that worried about their health in that way. My mam is slim and small, my dad considerably less so and they are happy in their bodies so yay for them. However for me and my brother- not so much. It is about choices. I am choosing to be slimmer and the ability to pinch less fat would be lovely!! haha!! All that "pinch an inch" malarkey!! Grrrrr.... my rowing friend does that... if it is a centimetre she will be lucky- I need two hands for mine man!! lol!!!

It has gotta be hard for RJ as he used to be so uber slim, ate like a horse and had the energy of a rocket launcher all the time. He had a bad kidney disease for a time and had to have these steroids which made his lithe form bulk up to a not so lithe form. Then he lost it all working in construction. Then he piled it all on again after he was made redundant and didn't have a job for 11 months. Me? Well, I have always been a bit of a porker. Played the boys in dancing shows, I was the building block of any pyramids etc. I have just had enough of being chubby. So why wallow when you can do somehting po-active?

I am not being hardcore about it, just calorie counting and I am exercising everyday during the week for half an hour whilst watching the tellybox and having a couple of hours practice a week on my ballet technique that has soooo gone to pot over my university years!!

I have even signed up to a calorie counting website and made a profile where I log in my pitiful exercise and also everything I eat. And when I weigh myself every week I can log any losses.

I will reckon I will let you know how I get on from time to time.

I am feeling very positive about this :)

Now I am going to get showered and changed before mam heads back for her work lunch break and I am still in my PJ's lol!!

No comments: