Wednesday 28 April 2010

The Essay Remission of Blogging

As most university students will know, the first week of the summer term at university is essay deadline week! Also known as Uber Stress Week!!

I have just altered the amount of days I work, and moved it up to four days (work was really obliging for this cheeky effrontery- it hink i mean this word???-, which is truly very sweet of them to an obnoxious studenty type like me!!) My essay was due yesterday at 3pm- not 9 nor 5 but 3- right in the middle of my working day.... thus I was at university at 8:30am to pop it under the door of the MA history dept. I sincerely hope someone has got it!! lol!!

I felt very organised this time, which is good considering I have now become just slightly more than part-time AND I found out yesterday that I got a voluntary (i.e. not paid) position at the archives at work every Friday!! :)

This is amazingly brilliant news. It has put me on a high- definitely yesterday and also today and may it long last till into the future!! :)

This is really just an apology post for such a long time in blogging and also to have a little bit of a boast. I feel I haven't had one in a while.

So work = money = :) (plus I really do enjoy working where I am- I am actually half dreading the day when I have to leave like so many of my friends.)

And archives = personal happiness.

All good times!! I shall post something of interest soon!! I am thinking of something tedious on Queen Victoria (what my recent essay was on) and also meeting my Japanese pen pal, Masayo!! I am meeting her on Friday at Trafalgar Square for a bite to eat and a cuppa tea. She doesn't speak much English and I do not speak any Japanese so sign-language and a lot of smiling will have to suffice :)

Update soon... I promise :)

5 comments:

Ulysses Gray said...

Oo, what have they got you doing in the archives?
I'm doing funerals, don't steal my project! Grrr.

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

Funerals?? Amazing!! I dunno what I am doing up there, but I start next Friday and shall reveal all then!!

Hands up, no stealing I promise!!

Ulysses Gray said...

By "next Friday", do you mean the next occurring Friday, the 30th, or next week's Friday, the 7th? Because I'm up there too on the 7th :D
Make sure you tell them what you want for lunch, or you'll have to beg from the warden's restroom.

Colette said...

Great news Leanne, well done!! :) x

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

Thanks Paddy :D XX

And by next friday I do indeedy mean 7th!! I shall see you up there, and I have ordered my food- I said I don't mind what I have as long as it is not tuna!! :)