Tuesday 13 April 2010

Make-Up Free


I HAVE BEEN MAKE-UP FREE FOR TWO WHOLE DAYS.

Now this may not seem the revelation to you, but I literally cannot go a day, especially when exiting the homestead, without a bit of make-up on. Some days it is not the full works, just a bit of concealer for that stubborn spot, a splash of coloured lip balm and a quick flick of mascara and I am done. Other days it is the full works- concealer-ville, foundation, eye make-up, eye liner, eyebrow marker, blusher, more concealer, powder, tons of mascara and uber amounts of lipstick and lip gloss. What can I say? I AM REALLY VAIN. I won't even go into hair routine, although I have come up with a 'cool' wild look that involves some wet hair and a bit of mousse and let it be free = big 1980's hair = :D. Otherwise straightening for the wild tresses takes TIIIIMMEEE!

I have always said that you've got to work with what you have been given. Now, there isn't much that I like about me, but hair, eyes and boobs. Emphasise that and hopefully I will stumble through life with an ounce of self-confidence.

Now, a lot of people, namely close friends, wonder why I bother. It is not like I do the boyfriend/dating thing. It is not like I do go out a lot. It is not to impress people. For me, make-up is like painting on a face for the outside world. A bravado I can hide behind. I think it probably stems for wearing uber amounts of make-up as a small child when I was dancing on stage- yes, we are talking lots of blue eye shadow, huge eyelashes, bright red lippy and pan stick of the deepest orange you could find!! Then we were painting on a persona. I guess it has kind of continued.

Now today I am going without the make-up comfortable in my own skin!

It helps that my skin is really clear- an additional bonus for losing a stone since this 'hypnotise yourself slim' course I did at work. I have had a bit of a naughty week filled with mini Lindt eggs that I got for Easter and I had tea and toast at 11pm last night, which is bad but to be honest I stayed up till half two, first watching a scary horror movie called The Messengers, with Kirsten Stewart in (from the Twilight movies) and the cool dude from My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Raising Helen, who was really evil in this film. Then I had to stay up an hour and a half afterwards to try and get over the repercussion of watching a scary movie so late at night!! I read a chick flick (Erica James of course) in an attempt to find my happy place again.

So apart from the bags under my eyes this morning, I feeling pretty damn good about noooooo make-up and I shall be visiting Tescos and the post office today so I shall exeunt house unlike yesterday.

So that's all for now folks, another rambling post!! Happy Tuesday!!

3 comments:

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

Aww thank you :)

The Poet Laura-eate said...

I am torn between vanity and life being too short to apply foundation.

I'm currently down to a bit of mascara, a bit of lippy and a dab of powder on my nose. I tint the eyebrows once every 6 weeks to save wrestling with eyebrow pencils since they have a nice shape naturally, if a little too blonde a colour to leave that bit natural.

But actually eating well and getting enough sleep and exercise is as important to looking perky as make up in my view.

Oh and good clothes - I'm really into dressing well. Those skin ravagers of booze, fags and drugs have never been a temptation luckily.

The Not-so-Spotless Mind said...

haha well I am a bozze-hound and this is a fatal downfall unfortunately!!

I am definitely getting to think that life is too short... it also means that when you go out, there is a noticeable difference?!

Thanks for your comments! I enjoy reading your blog!