Friday 9 April 2010

FLIP FLOPS


I was listening to Fearne Cotton's Radio 1 show, like I do most days, and the last couple of days she has been galvanising people to set their feet free and wear FLIP FLOPS whilst the sun is out. After all, we jokingly said last year, in the Spring, that this is our summer, and lo-and-behold our summer wasn't that great!!


So today I re-painted my toenails an electric blue and donned my most comfortable pair of flip flops- black with silver embroidery- after all it is the second time wearing them this year and you really need to break them in! It felt good. I busted them out in Asda and everything, though it was a mite chilly in the refrigerated section.


I was a late comer to the joys of flip flops, but now I have found them in my life I am enjoying them immensely. I think it harks back to the days of dancing ballet en pointe and having cracked toenails, blisters, and general ugly looking feet that I am now basking in their reflected light of joy!


So for those of you living in the British Isles and hoping to tempt the sun into staying out longer, wear your flip flops. Cast aside the sock, trainer, boot and closed-toe shoe. Let your feet breathe and feel the freedom of Spring!

No comments: